If your business makes drinking water available to the public, or your private water system provides water to year-round residential developments or designated facilities, you may be an owner of a Ministry regulated drinking water system.

The Ontario Ministry of the Environment regulates municipal and private water systems that provide water to year-round residential developments and designated facilities. “Designated facilities” include health care and social care facilities, children’s camps, child and youth care facilities, in addition to a school or institution with authority to grant degrees.

“Small Drinking Water Systems” fall under the responsibility of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MHLTC) and can include libraries, sports and recreation facilities, private cottages on communal drinking water, motels, restaurants, gas stations, churches, and bed and breakfasts.

Our services include:

  • Design of water treatment system
  • Planning and Regulatory Approvals
  • Drinking Water System Registration
  • Sampling & Monitoring
  • Reporting to MOE and MHLTC